3 Easy Steps to Elevate Your Next Picnic (hint - cotton candy mocktails!)
Nothing quite says summer like a little picnic outside - whether it's at the park, local playground or even your very own backyard!
It's easy to elevate a picnic from simple to magical with 3 simple steps.
1. First, we chose to make a fancy mocktail (think soda, cotton candy and sprinkles!). For a tutorial on how to make our cotton candy mocktail, check out our reel on instagram here.
2. Secondly, we added some fun treats. We gathered a generous bowl of mini donut holes, a colander of freshly washed summer strawberries, and a lastly bucket of ripe orange peaches for the perfect mix of healthy and fun!
3. Thirdly, we decorated our picnic table with some beautiful patterned leftover peel and stick wallpaper. For table decorations, we simply took a small section of our blue stripes wallpaper and stuck it to a little IKEA table. The wallpaper is peel and stick which makes this easy DIY even more of a cinch! We then took some of our leftover unicorn wallpaper and floral wallpaper, and stuck it onto cardboard cake rounds! They served as a perfect little platters for our fruits and mini donuts. Decorating doesn't have to be complicated to be beautiful!
We had so much fun setting this all up, we hope this inspires you to not only reuse any leftover peel and stick wallpaper you might have, but also to have a magical alice-in-wonderland type picnic in your backyard with your little ones!
Oh summertime, we love you...
Looking for more cute DIY hacks and tutorials? Have a look at these posts:
- IKEA step stool makeover hack
- Homemade Valentines DIY giftcards
- Super easy hack for creating your own gift wrap