DIY Valentine’s Day Treat Box
Celebrate the sweetest day of the year with a special homemade treat! Whether you’re looking for an easy craft project or a cupcake recipe to bake some delicious cupcakes, this DIY Valentine’s Day treat box will make your loved ones feel extra special. A few ordinary household items and some leftover wallpaper can help you customize an ordinary cupcake box into a unique gift - sure to impress that special someone in your life.
Not to mention, this craft is perfect for adults and kids who are looking for a fun and creative way to express their love. From measuring the sides of the cupcake box to baking some yummy treats, follow these simple steps to surprise your friends and family with something extra special this Valentine's Day!
What You Will Need
- 13x10x3.5” cupcake box
- Leftover Rocky Mountain wallpaper (we used Ivy Cottage!)
- X-Acto knife/scissors
- Measure out the sides up to the opening on all four sides of the cupcake box.
- Transfer those measurements to the wallpaper with a pencil and draw and cut out the window hole with a ruler and X-acto knife or scissors.
- Carefully remove 1” of the protective layer next to the window opening, and place your wallpaper over the cupcake box, making sure to line up with the window hole.
- Flip the cupcake box upside down and cut slots into each corner of it for easier adhesion of paper later on.
- Remove the rest of the protective layer and carefully adhere the wallpaper to your cupcake box, smoothing any wrinkles out as you go along.
- Fill the box with your favorite Valentine’s Day treats and give this special gift to someone you love!
This easy craft is perfect for anyone looking to create an extra special Valentine’s Day surprise. The wallpaper gives this gift a personalized touch and will surely bring a smile to your beloved’s face!
Baking Cupcakes To Fill It Up!
Once you have finished preparing your handmade gift box, why not bake some delicious treats to fill it up? If you need some inspiration, click here for an easy cupcake recipe that will give your Valentine’s Day treat box an extra special touch!
Best Buttercream Frosting Recipe
This easy frosting cupcake recipe is perfect for both novice and experienced bakers alike.
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3 cups icing sugar
- ½ tbsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp whole milk
- Soften butter in microwave for 20 seconds thenbeat with electric mixer until soft and creamy. Continue to beat whilst slowly pouring in icing sugar until fully incorporated.
- Next add the vanilla. Slowly mix in the whole milk until desired consistency is reached.
- Divide into 3 bowls and add differing amounts of red food colouring to make several different shades of pink frosting.
- Decorate your cupcakes! Or cake. Or cookies. This frosting is perfect for everything.
Decorating your Cupcakes
Once the cupcakes have cooled, you can get creative and make them look extra special with frosting roses, sprinkles, or even drizzled chocolate! Candy hearts and other festive decorations are great for adding a little something extra to your treat box.
Once you’ve finished decorating, place the cupcakes inside the Valentine’s Day treat box for a special surprise!
If cupcakes aren't your thing, this craft is also great for cookies, brownies, or a different fancy treat. Sharing a homemade gift is the perfect way to show your love this Valentine’s Day.
Valentine's Day is a great time to show your loved ones how much you care, and this easy craft makes it simple. With just a cupcake box, leftover wallpaper, a ruler, and an X-acto knife or scissors, you can create something unique that will last long after the holiday has passed.
Bake some yummy treats to fill your Rocky Mountain Decals treat box, and add some creative decorations for an extra personal touch. This DIY Valentine’s Day Treat Box is sure to surprise even the pickiest of gift recipients! Plus, valentine's crafts for kids are a great way to foster creativity and have fun with the whole family. Happy Crafting!